This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my full disclaimer right here.
Determining what to eat whereas tenting doesn’t should be sophisticated. Look no additional than this round-up of straightforward tenting meals concepts that can have you ever having fun with a meal at camp, stress-free!
After I was a child, my household went tenting at Lake George in upstate New York. One of many issues I keep in mind probably the most is how ready and inventive my mother was when it got here to the camp meals.
One time, she baked me a birthday cake at camp in a tin foil dutch oven that she made! Camp cooking appeared like a enjoyable and inventive problem for her, and he or she at all times impressed everybody with the meals she managed to place collectively whereas tenting.
Seems, I believe it’s a enjoyable and inventive problem too! On this put up, I’m going to share some straightforward tenting meals concepts for a stress-free journey.
Tenting Breakfast Concepts
There’s one thing so particular and stress-free when you possibly can get up outdoors with the sunshine and sit with a scorching cup of espresso and a stupendous view.
These are some straightforward breakfast concepts for automobile tenting:
- Scrambled Eggs with Veggies or Bacon – easy traditional breakfast that’s straightforward to make with only a forged iron pan and camp range
- Breakfast Burritos – there are limitless methods to customise burritos
- Pancakes – I like Kodiak Truffles pancake combine as a result of it has a little bit further protein to maintain you full longer.
- Yogurt with recent berries and granola – You can also make home made granola at house earlier than your journey, or simply purchase some from the shop. Both means, it is a nice no-cook tenting breakfast.
- French Toast – One other breakfast traditional that’s straightforward to prepare dinner in a cast-iron pan.
- Breakfast Quesadillas – strive these Bacon and Pepper Breakfast Quesadillas
- Oatmeal with recent fruit and nuts/seeds – I eat oatmeal on a regular basis at house and it makes an ideal tenting breakfast too.
MORE IDEAS >> 11 Simple Automobile Tenting Breakfast Concepts
Tenting Lunch Concepts
- Sandwiches and Wraps – For lunch, I like to pack a bunch of sandwich stuff like lunch meats, cheese, a loaf of bread (or flour tortillas for wraps), lettuce, tomato, mayo, and mustard. Put all of it within the cooler, and you’ve got lunch that’s fast and crowd-pleasing.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly – A traditional combo that doesn’t require any refrigeration. Change it up by including some bananas, honey, or cinnamon!
- Hummus with Carrots and Pita – It is a nice wholesome snack or mild lunch possibility. I wash and chop carrots at house and retailer them in a Stasher bag within the cooler so that they’re able to eat straight away at camp.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – When you don’t thoughts cooking at lunch, grilled cheese is at all times a good suggestion. This recipe for pesto grilled cheese is certainly a grown-up model of the traditional and it’s scrumptious.
- BLT Sandwiches – Oh the scrumptious and infrequently forgotten BLT sandwich. It is a nice no-cook tenting lunch as a result of you possibly can prepare dinner the bacon at house earlier than your journey and retailer it within the cooler. At camp, all you must do is assemble the mayo, lettuce, tomato, and bacon!
CAMPING TIP >> Strive utilizing reusable baggage for tenting and climbing snacks. These are my prime picks:
Simple Tenting Dinner Concepts
- Foil Packet Meals (aka Hobo Packets) – That is hands-down the automobile tenting dinner that I take advantage of. Try my full information to foil packets with all the pieces you’ll want to know together with some recipes. These are a few of the best tenting dinners you may make and so they’re actually exhausting to mess up. When you don’t prefer to prepare dinner, I’d give foil packet meals a strive!
- Quesadillas – a easy camp range meal! Strive these Steak and Pepper Quesadillas.
- Ramen – Ramen is a fast tenting dinner that may simply be made on a camp range!
- Pre-made Salads – One other wholesome camp dinner concept that I make loads is a salad. Generally while you’re tenting and consuming plenty of packaged meals and snacks, it’s good to have some recent veggies. I pack chopped and cleaned lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and another salad toppings within the cooler with some dressing. At camp, all you must do is chop some veggies and assemble them. In case you have a hearth, you possibly can even grill some rooster and throw that on the salad for an entire meal. Generally, I deliver pre-cooked rooster sausages, fry them in a pan at camp, and add them to my salad for some fast protein. With this feature, you don’t should cope with any uncooked meat at camp.
- Tacos – I make tacos at the very least as soon as per week at house! Seems, they’re very straightforward to make when you’re tenting too. Do this camp taco recipe.
- Dutch Oven Nachos – In case you have a dutch oven, these nachos are one of many best issues to make, and so they’re additionally one of the crucial scrumptious! Try my dutch oven nacho recipe right here!
- Burgers and Hotdogs – Basic grilling meals proper right here! If you wish to take it up a notch, try this recipe for “all the pieces” burgers from Recent Off the Grid!
- Mac and Cheese – I at all times have a few packing containers of mac and cheese in my tenting meals bin for straightforward dinners.
- Indian Meals Packets with Rice – Purchase pre-made Indian meals packets for a brilliant flavorful and fast tenting dinner. Paired with pre-cooked rice packets and all you must do at camp is warmth this meal up and revel in!
Simple Tenting Dessert Concepts
Many of the tenting meal concepts on this checklist could be made with a small tenting kitchen. Primarily, you’ll want a camp range, a forged iron pan, and a pot.
In fact, you’re going to want different issues like utensils, bowls, and plates… however the principle gear you’ll want to prepare dinner is your camp range with gasoline and pots and pans. Just a few of the opposite recipes on this checklist require a dutch oven.
Propane Camp Range
I’ve the Camp Chef Everest Range and find it irresistible! It’s such a well-designed range that can final you for years.
Solid Iron Pan
I take advantage of an vintage Griswold forged iron pan, however a Camp Chef forged iron pan is a superb possibility too should you’re not into the entire vintage factor. The Camp Chef pans come pre-seasoned and able to use, and so they’re at an amazing value level.
Dutch oven cooking at camp is a lot enjoyable! With this one piece of camp cooking gear, you may make so many straightforward tenting meals. The Camp Chef 10-inch dutch oven is a superb measurement for baking and making meals for 2-4 individuals.
Get pleasure from these straightforward tenting meals concepts to your subsequent journey!
Try the video under to see the entire tenting meals I made on certainly one of my latest journeys to the desert:
Out of all of the experiences I used to be fortunate to have as a toddler, it’s those outside that I appear to recollect probably the most.
I hope you could have enjoyable getting inventive together with your camp meals and having fun with time outside with family and friends.
Let me know if in case you have any questions within the feedback under.