Journey journal based mostly in New York Metropolis
Journey + Leisure is a journey journal based mostly in New York Metropolis, New York. Printed 12 instances a 12 months, it has 4.8 million readers, in response to its company media equipment. It’s printed by Dotdash Meredith, a subsidiary of IAC, with trademark rights belonging to Journey + Leisure Co., a timeshare firm capitally separate from IAC however licensing trademark to. Its primary competitor is Condé Nast Traveler.
Initially printed in 1937 as U.S. Digital camera and Journey, the journal later assumed the title Journey + Leisure in 1971. The predecessor titles targeted on journey pictures, however the title change signaled a shift towards journey protection usually.
The journal focuses on leisure journey and sometimes options articles written by novelists, poets, artists, designers and non-travel journalists. It’s recognized for its journey pictures and covers that includes fashions lounging in upscale environments.
Its World’s Finest Awards, an annual reader survey ranking airports, cities, cruise ships, inns and islands have been introduced each August since 1995. Votes added by the journal’s readers are considered to acknowledge and provides out the awards. Different annual options embody the T+L 500, a listing of the world’s prime 500 inns, and America’s Favourite Cities, the place readers rank U.S. cities in several classes.
Journey + Leisure journal was bought from American Specific Publishing by Time Inc. (which might later be acquired by Meredith Company) on October 1, 2013.
In 2021, Wyndham Locations acquired Journey + Leisure from Meredith Company. The Journey + Leisure journal is printed independently by Dotdash Meredith underneath a long-term license settlement. Journey + Leisure Co. sells rights to fabricate, market, and promote merchandise bearing the Journey + Leisure trademark to licensees.
Present and defunct worldwide editions:
- Journey + Leisure Australia / New Zealand (launched October 2005), ceased after December 2009 situation
- Journey + Leisure China (launched October 2005)
- Journey + Leisure Mexico (launched October 2002)
- Journey + Leisure Russia (launched September 2003, defunct as of late 2007)
- Journey + Leisure Turkey (launched April 2005)
- Journey + Leisure Southeast Asia (launched December 2007)
- Journey + Leisure South Asia (launched September 2006)
- Journey + Leisure India (launched January 2008)